A.R.O., Inc. (pronounced ay-ar-oh) is a slightly stealthy Seattle-based startup dedicated
to building apps that can help users lead happier, healthier, and generally more
amazing lives. We believe that today’s apps can be positive forces for change –
whether it’s changing one’s own habits and behaviors, figuring out something new to do
on a Saturday night, or taking small steps to make the world a better place to hang out
in for a while.
We’re passionate about location awareness, big data, artificial intelligence, persuasive
technology, and ubiquitous computing. We also love mobile devices of all sorts, whether
they’re smartphones, tablets, cybernetic implants, or even wearable computers.
As an Android Engineer on the Client Team, you will focus on building out technology
that squeezes every bit of information out of the device-sensors. You’ll solve problems
like automatically determining users’ home and work without pesky check-ins. You’ll
take on challenges such as determining users’ routines to present alternatives and
insight (e.g., “When you leave work at 5pm it takes you 25 minutes longer to get home
than when you leave at 5:30pm”)… and that’s just the beginning.
If you are passionate about building software products, expect more from your apps
(and you should), and are fearlessly pursuing your dreams, we want to hear from you!
What we’re NOT looking for:
* A ninja (you never see them in the office)
* A pirate (they just ARRRRRRn’t what we want)
* A behemoth (our keyboards aren’t big enough)
* A zombie (we need our brains to solve problems)
* An ego maniac (we’ll feed you to the zombie)
What we’re looking for:
* A passion for development, Android, and technology in general
* Solid Java experience and understanding of OOP
* Android development experience with at least one published app
* Experience working with APIs
* Ability to work both independently and within the context of a group
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
We offer an all the goodies you would expect and quite frankly more including full
benefits, equity, 3 weeks PTO, easy commute to the ID section of Seattle, and access
to the latest and greatest gadgets plus a small but strong team to be a part of and be
If you expect more from your apps (and you should), we want to hear from you! Send us your resume or Linkedin profile to email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself.