We’re passionate about location awareness, big data, sensors, artificial intelligence, persuasive technology, and ubiquitous computing. We also love mobile devices of all sorts, whether they’re smart phones, tablets, cybernetic implants, or even wearable computers.
We’re seeking a solid developer with proven experience designing and implementing web-scale distributed services to join A.R.O.’s platform team. You’ll be working with a top-notch team of engineers and scientists working on problems related to efficient storage, retrieval, and analysis of extremely large data sets.
- Broad knowledge of the state of the art in web service development.
- An obsession with clean, maintainable design and experience that helps you understand engineering trade-offs,
- A passion for tractable algorithms, data structures, interfaces, and performance optimization;
- Curiosity that lets you appreciate new developments.
- Good judgment that keeps you from falling for the latest fad.
- Our stack is Java/CXF/Tomcat/Postgres-based — you don’t need to be an expert in all of these technologies, but you should consider yourself well-versed in Java and be able to engage in an educated discussion regarding other technology choices.
- 4+ years experience if not more working on an effective team where you contributed a great deal is most important.
- Degree in CS, Physics, Mathematics encouraged but not a must.
- Ideal candidates can tell us about your favorite open source project. If you want share your github username and tell us about your latest hack!
If you expect more from your apps (and you should), we want to hear from you! Send us your resume or Linkedin profile to email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself.