The role of the DPM is to define and ship high quality software, on time and on budget. The DPM will drive functional and technical requirements for our services. They will define and manage schedules and ensure that the product meets quality standards. This involves working closely with all areas of Product Development. This role requires strong technical, people and organizational skills. This position reports to the President.
- Drive the definition, planning and feature prioritization over the server team.
- Partner with our development team to define our public web service strategy
- Managed performance and tools requirements.
- Develop sample code that demonstrates the use of our public web services
- Work across the groups to identify and resolve operational, technical and budgetary issues.
- Establish and manage a schedule of activities, milestones and deliverables for our services.
- Monitor progress across the groups responsible for the feature area
- Work with the President, and Business Development to develop and maintain a partner programs.
- Perform other tasks as needed within the business.
- Previous experience shipping products on time and on budget, preferably at a startup.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a software development or other technical similar position.
- Must be able to write ship-quality code using Java, Python, Perl or similar language.
- Demonstrate experience shipping software in an agile environment.
- Previous mobile industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical comprehension of internet and mobile product technologies.
- Prior experience as a technical evangelist or comparable role is a plus.
- Experience in standards development is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate ability to manage teams of peers across a feature team.
- Ability to multi-task against disparate projects and timelines to provide comprehensive support and completion to all the moving parts of each project.
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues and bottlenecks.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
- Additional Business Degree is an added bonus.
If you expect more from your apps (and you should), we want to hear from you! Send us your resume or Linkedin profile to email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself.